Welcome to Applegarth
We are Emily Thwaite and Bill Sanderson. We run Applegarth as a holiday cottage to let. The cottage is only a two minute walk away from the North York Moors Railway station, with its magnificent steam trains, in the village of Grosmont.
What we offer:
A perfect place to stay for:
- Families with young children - with a secluded walled and fenced garden
- Walkers - we are on the route of the Coast to Coast walk in the heart of the beautiful Esk valley, below the stunning North York Moors
- Cyclists - storage undercover for up to four bicycles and good cycle routes nearby
- Steam enthusiasts - NYMR steam trains passing every day between March and October
- People who want to get away from it all - the cottage is in a quiet peaceful setting with no direct road access - so no traffic (apart from steam trains that is!)
- Nature lovers - abundant wildlife with lots of songbirds, a resident family of owls (a real hoot), squirrels and the occasional deer.