Welcome to Applegarth
We are Emily Thwaite and Bill Sanderson. We run Applegarth as a holiday cottage to let alongside our main business which is the Old School Coffee Shop next door. The cottage is only a two minute walk away from the North York Moors Railway station, with its magnificent steam trains, in the village of Grosmont.
What we offer:
A perfect place to stay for:
- Families with young children - with a secluded walled and fenced garden
- Walkers - we are on the route of the Coast to Coast walk in the heart of the beautiful Esk valley, below the stunning North York Moors
- Cyclists - storage undercover for up to four bicycles and good cycle routes nearby
- Steam enthusiasts - NYMR steam trains passing every day between March and October
- People who want to get away from it all - the cottage is in a quiet peaceful setting with no direct road access - so no traffic (apart from steam trains that is!)
- Nature lovers - abundant wildlife with lots of songbirds, a resident family of owls (a real hoot), squirrels and the occasional deer.
In the high season (April to October) we are on hand every day, running our coffee shop. Pop in for a coffee and a chat - the first one is free for visitors hiring the cottage.